Halloween is approaching so we decided to make a Halloween themed pumpkin pie dog biscuit. These treats have no added sugar and are safe for dogs. We even tried them ourselves and they weren’t too bad.
1 1/2 cups of flour (can substitute with rice flour if your dog has issues with wheat flour)
1 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp allspice
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl or mixer, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and allspice.
- In a medium bowl, mix the canola oil, pumpkin and peanut butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients on low.
- Pour in the water and mix on low to medium-low until thoroughly combined.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and hand knead the dough until no longer sticky.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into shapes using cookie cutters, we used Halloween themed shapes.
- Spray a cookie sheet with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place the biscuits on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. (Bake 15-20 minutes if you want them more crunchy)
- Turn off the oven and leave in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving
All 4 of our rescue dogs liked these treats. We will definitely be making for them again.
Disclaimer: We are not veterinarians. Always consult your vet before feeding your pets anything you are unsure of. Remember, as with all treats, always feed in moderation. Treats should not be used as a meal replacement.
Remember adopt don’t shop
Support your local rescues
Spay or neuter your pets
Always Think Pawsitive
*** Send the Rescues Mail ***
Life of a Rescue
PO Box 195791
Winter Springs, FL 32719-5791