Easter Dog Treats! Today we are making Marshmallow Peeps for Dogs! These bunny shaped DIY Dog Treats will let your dog know you are thinking of them also on Easter!
These turned out to be a nice treat that all 4 of our dogs enjoyed.
If you make these for your dogs, let us know how they liked them in the comments.
3 Tbls Plain, Unflavored Gelatin
1 cup Honey
1 cup water (split in two)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Coconut flour for dusting
- Take your Gelatin, and 1/2 cup of water and put it into your mixing bowl. Stir it slightly with a spoon.
- While that sits, take a saucepan and put your honey, 1/2 cup of water, vanilla extract and salt into the pan.
- Heat on a medium to high heat, mixing constantly until you bring the temperature of the mixture to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once your mixture reaches the right temperature, remove the pan, and carefully pour it into your mixer. We used the whisk attachment.
- Once it’s all poured in, slowly increase the speed of your mixer being careful not to splash the hot mix all over.
- Once your mixer is on high, let it mix for around 10 minutes, or until you have a nice fluffy consistency.
- While the fluff is mixing spray your pans lightly with cooking spray. This will stop the marshmallow peeps from sticking once they are set.
- We used a bunny shaped silicon mold pan and an 8×8 cake pan.
- After the mix is fluffy, you can spoon it into a pastry bag to make filling your mold easier.
- Whatever is left, you can pour into an 8×8 pan and cut into cubed marshmallows later.
- After you have filled your pans, let them sit for at least 4 – 5 hours so that the mixture can properly set.
- Now you can remove the Marshmallow Peeps from the mold.
- They will still be sticky, so take a cutting board or plate, and dust it with coconut flour.
- Lightly tap the Marshmallow Peeps in the flour to help coat the sticky parts.
Disclaimer: We are not veterinarians. Always consult your vet before feeding your pets anything you are unsure of. Remember, as with all treats, always feed in moderation. Treats should not be used as a meal replacement.
Remember adopt don’t shop
Support your local rescues
Spay or neuter your pets
Always Think Pawsitive
*** Send the Rescues Mail ***
Life of a Rescue
PO Box 195791
Winter Springs, FL 32719-5791