We like to watch hockey and we usually make snacks for game night. One of the snacks we make are pigs in a blanket. The dogs are always watching us and seem like they would like to try them but dogs shouldn’t eat hot dogs. So we decided to make a pet-friendly version of pigs in a blanket for dogs.This is a quick and easy all natural recipe.
These turned out to be a big hit with our dogs. If you make these for your dogs, let us know how they liked them in the comments.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/3 cup water
2.5 oz jar Gerber Lil Meat Sticks
- Preheat your over to 400° F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or a mixer.
- Mix well then knead into a dough ball.
- Roll dough into roughly an 8″x8″ square. We used an 8×8 cutting board as our guide.
- Lay rolled out dough on the cutting board and trim to size.
- Slice into fours diagonally, then slice the quarters in half to make 8 triangles.
- Roll one meat stick in a triangle and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes.
Once cooled, let your dog taste test them. Store your treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
All 4 of our rescue dogs liked these treats. We will definitely be making these for them again.
Disclaimer: We are not veterinarians. Always consult your vet before feeding your pets anything you are unsure of. Remember, as with all treats, always feed in moderation. Treats should not be used as a meal replacement.
Remember adopt don’t shop
Support your local rescues
Spay or neuter your pets
Always Think Pawsitive
*** Send the Rescues Mail ***
Life of a Rescue
PO Box 195791
Winter Springs, FL 32719-5791