Valentine’s Day Dog Treats! Today we are making Sweet Potato & Beet Dog treats for Valentine’s day! These Heart and Bone shaped DIY Dog Treats will let your dog know you are thinking of them also on Valentine’s Day!
These turned out to be a nice treat that all 4 of our dogs enjoyed. They’ve been crunching on them each day since we made them.
If you make these for your dogs, let us know how they liked them in the comments.
3 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Lactose-Free Milk (can also use Soy Milk)
1 cup spinach puree (1 bag of fresh spinach)
- Preheat your over to 350° F.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add 1 bag of spinach and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Drain spinach. Put into food processor and puree.
- Mix flour, olive oil, egg, soy milk, and spinach puree together. The dough should have the consistency of play-doh.
- Roll the dough into a 1/4-inch-thick roll. Use any shape cookie cutter, we used a bone.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before giving to your dog or storing.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
Disclaimer: We are not veterinarians. Always consult your vet before feeding your pets anything you are unsure of. Remember, as with all treats, always feed in moderation. Treats should not be used as a meal replacement.
Remember adopt don’t shop
Support your local rescues
Spay or neuter your pets
Always Think Pawsitive
*** Send the Rescues Mail ***
Life of a Rescue
PO Box 195791
Winter Springs, FL 32719-5791