Today we decided to make a homemade treat for the cats. We made Turkey Pumpkin Catnip Treats.
You can make these using a food dehydrator, but we decided to make them in the oven.
This is a quick and easy all natural recipe.
Sebastian couldn’t get enough of these. Brody also liked them. Callie had some off-camera and Onyx just didn’t feel like having any treats at the time of the video. He did end up having some later on.
If you make these for your cats, let us know how they liked them in the comments.
1/2 pound ground Turkey
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tbsp catnip
1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your over to 170° F.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix well (using your hands works best)
- Flatten the meat to about 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick on a cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in oven, with door slightly open to let moisture out, for 3 to 4 hours
- You can use a food dehydrator instead. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- When done baking, let cool.
- Cut into small pieces for your cat.
- Store your treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Disclaimer: We are not veterinarians. Always consult your vet before feeding your pets anything you are unsure of. Remember, as with all treats, always feed in moderation. Treats should not be used as a meal replacement.
Remember adopt don’t shop
Support your local rescues
Spay or neuter your pets
Always Think Pawsitive
*** Send the Rescues Mail ***
Life of a Rescue
PO Box 195791
Winter Springs, FL 32719-5791