Valentine’s Day Dog Treats! Today we are making Sweet Potato & Beet Dog treats for Valentine’s day! These Heart and Bone shaped DIY Dog Treats will let your dog know you are thinking of them also on Valentine’s Day!
These turned out to be a nice crunchy treat that all 4 of our dogs enjoyed. They’ve been crunching on them each day since we made them.
If you make these for your dogs, let us know how they liked them in the comments.
2 1/2 cups of Rice Flour
1 cup cooked beets (or canned beets strained) pureed
1/2 cup sweet potato (or canned) pureed
1/2 cup water
- Preheat your over to 350° F.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or mixer.
- Mix together to form a dough.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick
- Cut dough into shapes. We used heart and bone shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Cookies should be crunchy when cooled.
- Serve once cooled or decorate them
- We decided to decorate ours with white vanilla melting wafers
- We also added some fo the beet juice to one batch of the melted wafers for some coloring
Disclaimer: We are not veterinarians. Always consult your vet before feeding your pets anything you are unsure of. Remember, as with all treats, always feed in moderation. Treats should not be used as a meal replacement.
Remember adopt don’t shop
Support your local rescues
Spay or neuter your pets
Always Think Pawsitive
*** Send the Rescues Mail ***
Life of a Rescue
PO Box 195791
Winter Springs, FL 32719-5791